- · Mad scramble to get the final team done and replacement secured pre-race CHECK
- · Teams getting lost – including teams fighting for the podium or the gold CHECK
- · Confusion about what constitutes the Wicklow Way on the day and unsubstantiated reports about runners ‘who probably took a shorter’ route
- · Teams entering at the same time
- · Teams dropping out and folding before race day
Newcomers and dark horses
The King is Dead – long live the King!
Most improved teams from 2016 were Le Cheile who moved up 11 spots to 14th followed by Brothers Pearse who improved 5 spots to 16th. Out and about Fast Fingers and West Waterford both gained 4 spots. In the top-10 the main improvers were Crusaders (4th to 2nd) and Glendalough (2 spots to 6th) with UCD on the opposite end dropping 10 spots from 3rd to 13th. Jeff Swords team dropped 15 spots from 18th to 33rd but five of the spots were courtesy of their team not being competitive on the day (not having the right constituent team members).